Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Time is Here!


Even if it is 70 degrees outside, holiday cheer is in full force here on the island! The palm trees and cottages are decked out with lights, wreaths, and ribbons. The festivities started with the Jekyll Island Tree Lighting Festival. I had a great time as my parents were in town, Scutes Christmas Adventure puppet show and the sea turtle "wreef" craft were both a big hit and several third grade sea turtle experts impressed us with their knowledge from the STEP Program. There were fireworks after the tree lighting. It was quite different to watch fireworks while listening to Christmas songs and wearing my heavy jacket!!
























I have also enjoyed getting to learn about Hanukkah as one of my friends on the island is Jewish. We had a fun time the first night of Hanukkah playing with dreidels and making yummy dreidel cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment